Vegetarian Sweet & Sour Meatballs (Tien Swa
Vegetarian Sweet Meatballs Chinese
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:28:27 AM. Recipe ID 63819. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Vegetarian sweet & sour meatballs (tien swa
Categories: Chinese, Vegetarian, Ceideburg 2
Yield: 1 Servings
1 Free Flow Recipe
This one uses walnuts for the meat surrogate... A. 1 cup oil B. 1 cup
walnut halves C. 1/4 cup glutinous rice flour D. 1/4 cup flour E. 1
teaspoon baking powder F. dash salt G. 1 green pepper H. 1 red pepper
I. 1 scallion, chopped J. 2 tablespoons vinegar K. 2 tablespoons
sugar L. 2 tablespoons catsup M. 1 tablespoon light soy sauce N. 1/2
teaspoon salt O. 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water
I. Pour boiling water over B, let stand for 2 minutes; peel and dry
completely on paper towel.
II. Mix C,D,E,F with 5 tablespoons water to make batter.
III. Wash G,H; discard stems and seeds; cut G,H into cubes.
1. Heat A to 325F; deep fry B for 15 to 30 seconds until golden
brown; do not burn; drain on paper towel.
2. Dip fried B in C-F batter; then deep fry again in A until golden
brown; drain on paper towel.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon A, add G,H,I, stir-fry for 1/2 minute, add salt
4. Mix J,K,L,M,N,O in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until
5. Add B and G-I, stir well and serve.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!