Last updated 6/12/2012 1:28:36 AM. Recipe ID 64025. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Viennese crescents
Categories: Cookies, Desserts
Yield: 6 Dozen
1/4 Vanilla bean
1 c Confectioners' sugar
1 c Walnut meats
1 c Butter; at room temperature
3/4 c Granulated sugar
2 1/2 c Flour, all-purpose, sifted
1. Chop the vanilla bean. Pound it in a mortar or pulverize it in an
electric blender with about one tablespoon of the sugar. Mix with the
remaining confectioners' sugar. Cover and let stand, preferably
overnight. Reserve while cookies are baked.
2. Preheat the oven to moderate (350 F).
3. Cut the walnuts with a sharp knife into very small pieces. Pound
the pieces to a paste, using a mortar and pestle.
4. With a wooden spoon or the fingers, mix the walnuts, butter,
granulated sugar and flour to a smooth dough. shape the dough, about
a teaspoon at a time, into small crescents, about one and one-half
inches in diameter.
5. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet until slightly browned, or 15
to 18 minutes. Cool one minute. While still warm, roll the cookies
in the prepared vanilla sugar.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!