Chili Vegetarian Vegan Beans
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:28:43 AM. Recipe ID 64207. Report a problem with this recipe.
* 1 can red kidney beans, drained
* 1 can black beans, drained
* 2 cans crushed tomatoes
* 1 small can of tomato paste
* 2 cloves garlic, diced
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
* 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
* 2 tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil
* 1 tsp. chili powder
* 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
* 1 tsp. thyme, basil, oregano, or other spice
1. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large pan.
2. Add garlic and onion and cook until the onion is translucent (more clear than
3. Add peppers and saute for a few minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and
4. When mixture is bubbling, reduce heat to simmer and add beans. Cover and simmer
for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. The longer it simmers, the better it
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!