Black Bean Chili
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:28:43 AM. Recipe ID 64208. Report a problem with this recipe.
* 3½ cups dried black beans
* 2 tablespoons corn oil or other vegetable oil
* 1 medium onion, diced
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 chipotle chile
* ¼ ancho chile
* 1 tablespoon cumin
* 1 tablespoon paprika
* 1 tablespoon dried oregano
* ¾ tablespoon sea salt
* 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 2 tablespoons wine vinegar (red or white)
* 1½ cups diced tomatoes
* 1½ cups tomato puree
* 4 cups water
* sour cream for garnish
1. Place beans in a large pot and cover with enough water to cover by 2 inches, and
allow to soak overnight. Drain beans and cover again with fresh water. Bring to boil,
reduce heat, and simmer for 2 hours.
2. Heat the corn oil in a stockpot or other very large pot over medium-high heat.
Add the onions and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, chipotle and ancho
chiles, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, cayenne, and vinegar, and sauté for 5 to 10
3. Add tomatoes, tomato puree, and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat
and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the beans with their juice. Simmer for 1 hour. Serve
with or without sour cream.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!