Barbecued Spare Ribs
Barbecue and Grill Ribs Meat
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:28:44 AM. Recipe ID 64215. Report a problem with this recipe.
Barbecued Spare Ribs are a classic American barbecue meal, made from pork. This version
is cooked in the oven, not on a barbecue, and uses a barbecue sauce with a distinct
Asian flavor, featuring soy sauce, rice vinegar, and garlic.
* 2 pounds pork spare ribs
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
* 2 tablespoons white vinegar
* 1 tablespoons sake
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground white pepper
* 2 tablespoons chicken stock
* freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
1. Place spare ribs in a large baking dish in one layer. In a small bowl, combine
the remaining ingredients. Pour over spare ribs and coat on both sides. Marinate
overnight, basting occasionally.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place a large, shallow roasting pan on the oven
bottom. Fill with 1/2 inch water. Place spare ribs on a roasting rack.
3. Roast ribs for 45 minutes.
4. Raise oven temperature to 450°F, and roast for 15 more minutes.
5. Serve hot or cold.
Notes, tips, and variations
* Alternatively, Bake at 375°F for 20 mins then lower the temp to 325°F for 1 hour;
this renders most of the fat and produces very tender meat.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!