Strong Candied Sweet Potatoes
Southern Sweet Potato
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:28:44 AM. Recipe ID 64228. Report a problem with this recipe.
* 5 large sweet potatoes
* 2 1/4 cups of brown sugar
* 5 cloves
* zest of an orange
* 2 cups water
* 1/2 cup of brandy
* 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
* 1 stick of cinnamon
1. Sliced sweet potatoes and lay in a deep baking pan with the cinnamon stick.
2. Mix the liquids, zest, cloves, brown sugar and nutmeg together in a pot; bring to
a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Pour liquid mixture over the dish's contents.
4. Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes appear
to be tender and glazed.
5. Chill for 3 hours and serve cold.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!