Dessert Cakes Vegetarian
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:28:46 AM. Recipe ID 64279. Report a problem with this recipe.
This is a fast and easy cake to make.
* 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
* 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
* 1 package yellow cake mix
* 1 cups chopped pecans
* ½ cup butter
Dutch Oven Directions
1. Preheat Dutch Oven and grease.
2. Dump in pineapple with juice and spread evenly.
3. Dump in pie filling and spread evenly.
4. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over cherry layer.
5. Dot with butter
6. Bake about 50 minutes.
7. Sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
Conventional oven Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease 13x9 inch pan.
* Proceed as above starting with #2.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
* Coals for Dutch Oven: very few on bottom, more on top.
* Put a glass full of water in the middle of the Dutch Oven before baking to help
it bake evenly, from inside and out.
* Use any pie filling you want.
* Serve warm or room temperature.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!