Eastern North Carolina Barbecue Sauce
Southern Barbecue and Grill Sauces
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:28:46 AM. Recipe ID 64282. Report a problem with this recipe.
* ¾ gallons apple cider vinegar
* 1/8 cup salt
* ¼ cup ground black pepper
* ¼ cup red pepper flakes
* 1 cup molasses
* 2 cups honey
1. Start with apple cider vinegar in saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add salt, ground black pepper, crushed red pepper, molasses, and honey.
3. Let mixture heat up, but not quite boil.
4. Mix well.
5. Return sauce to the jug that the vinegar came in to cool.
Notes, tips and variations
* This is the sauce used for authentic barbecue.
* Recipe from my friend and Brother Chip Crumpler.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!