Eggplant Pasta Easy
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:28:47 AM. Recipe ID 64301. Report a problem with this recipe.
Eggplant Pasta – This tasty vegetable stew is great served with your favorite pasta.
* 1 eggplant (aubergine)
* 1 large onion
* 1 tbs olive oil
* salt to taste
* 2 tins of peeled tomatoes
* 1 chili pepper
* handfuls of fresh basil
* dried Italian herbs (marjoram, basil, capsicum, oregano, rosemary, parsley,
garlic, thyme) - often sold pre-mixed.
* fresh garlic, crushed
* pasta (your favourite)
1. Slice eggplant and cover in salt. Leave for at least 30 minutes.
2. Rinse salt away, then squeeze until almost dry (this removes sourness).
3. Cut into chip-sized pieces and fry in oil.
4. Add onion and cook briefly.
5. Add all other ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Serve with freshly cooked pasta.
Notes, tips, and variations
* The amounts of the various ingredients are not really important. Experiment and
adjust to taste.
* It is often better to prepare the vegetables the night before as this gives time
for the flavours of the chili pepper, garlic, and herbs to diffuse through the mix.
* Spiral pasta is a good choice as it holds the sauce to itself.
* Always wash your hands after handling chili peppers. Be especially careful not to
touch your eyes.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!