Flan de Queso
Puerto rico Dessert
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:28:48 AM. Recipe ID 64331. Report a problem with this recipe.
For the flan
* 1 8oz package of cream cheese
* 1 can of leche condensada (sweetened condensed milk - available in the Hispanic
food section of any supermarket)
* 1 can of evaporated milk
* 4 large eggs
* 1 tsp of vanilla extract
For the caramel
* 1 cup of sugar
1. Preheat oven @ 350°F (175°C)
2. Add cream cheese, leche condensada, leche evaporada, eggs and vanilla extract
into a mixing bowl. Mix ingredients thoroughly at medium speed.
3. Place cup of sugar to bottom of a small circular baking sheet and add flan
4. Fill a large baking sheet with about 1.5 inch of water. This is called baņo de
5. Place carefully, baking sheet with flan mixture over the baņo de Maria.
6. Cook flan for 45-50 minutes. Flan is ready when you insert a tooth pick and comes
7. Put flan upside down into a serving plate and refrigerate for 5 hours.
8. Use fresh mint leaves for garnish
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!