Coffee Drinks Greek
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:28:49 AM. Recipe ID 64340. Report a problem with this recipe.
Frappé coffee is a refreshing drink of Greek origin, perfect on a summer's day.
* 2 spoons of instant coffee
* Tall Glass of Cold Water
* 1-3 spoons of sugar (optional)
* 2-3 ice cubes (optional)
* Milk (optional; condensed milk such as the Greek nou-nou works best)
Put coffee and sugar in a shaker or tall glass and add cold water as high as it covers
the mixture. Shake or stir with mixer until the mixture becomes foamy. Add cold water
to fill the glass, ice cubes and as much milk (preferably evaporated or condensed milk)
as you like. Drink with a straw.
* Ratio Sugar:Coffee >2:1 Frappé glykos (Sweet Frappé)
* Ratio Sugar:Coffee 1:1 Frappé metrios (Medium or Moderate Frappé)
* No sugar Frappé sketos
Either of the above with milk added me gala, e.g. Frappé glykos me gala (Sweet frappé
Notes, tips and variations
* You can also add Baileys or a ball of ice cream.
* Once I was in Greece I was told that the right order of mixing Frappe after
making foam is ICE, MILK and than fill up the glass with cold WATER.
* By including the ICE when shaking or stirring the coffee, it allows the foam to
become more aerated and frothier. Once this has been done, you can then top up with
water and/or milk.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!