Fresh Mozzarella Bruschetta
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:28:49 AM. Recipe ID 64347. Report a problem with this recipe.
Small, open-faced sandwiches, Bruschette make perfect appetizers. They are delicious
and quick and easy to make.
Makes about 24 Bruschette
* 1 long loaf crusty bread
* 3 medium ripe roma tomatoes
* 3 large fresh mozzarella balls
* 24 fresh basil leaves
* Coarse salt
* Extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut Bread into 1/2" (4cm) slices on the diagonal
2. Lightly toast bread in the oven on both sides
3. Cut tomatoes into 1/4 inch (0.75cm) slices and place one on each slice of bread.
4. Cut mozzarella balls into 1/4 inch (0.75cm) slices and place on top of tomato.
5. Chop basil into thin strips and sprinkle on top
6. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Notes, tips, and variations
* an optional re-toasting with toppings on will make the mozzarella melty and even
* authentic Italian Bruschetta begins with rubbing roasted garlic cloves on the
toasted bread slices
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!